Monday, August 02, 2004

A vacation hangover

I just returned this morning from a ten day vacation with my friend Cammie in Florida. I had a great time and now am back in Indiana and already feeling the pressure of all that I need to get done. I began working with a new client right before I left and have another client I am supposed to contact and start working with tommorrow! On top of that I still have not written my personal statement to send with my registration application to practice in the UK, I have a pile of bills to pay and I have to continue to work 60-70 hours a week among my 2-3 jobs. Really, I am just wasting time whining when I should be doing something about all my obligations. ....
But a bit more about my vacation: Cammie and I had a fun time in New Smryna, spending it mostly at the beach and socializing with my aunt and her friends. We then, via other family visits, worked our way to Steinhatchee for scalloping in the gulf. It was great to have Cammie there in Steinhatchee! I had never taken any of my friends to the small little fishing town and she fit in great (like I knew she would). The trip was somewhat stressful due to our tight living quarters which included my brother, his wife and two kids, my aunt and uncle and two friends, Cammie and another family friend, my parents and my aunt, her boyfriend and son. Although most of the family can get a little moody (including myself), especially when our strong personality traits get placed so close together, we survived it and overall had a wonderful time. Coming back this morning, I felt like I had little to look forward too. Aside from all my whining above, I feel like there is little I am coming home to. My parents are still down south and are headed home, Cammie was with me, and aside from that I do not feel a strong connection to this community any more. Yes, I still have Julia, one of my closest friends and many other very good friends here in Indianapolis, but I do not have anything to really look to for myself. It affirms for me that it is time for me to leave Indy and try somewhere new. There is a lot to me that I feel I may begin to lose if I stay in Indiana. My sense of adventure and love of the outdoors for one. ...I've gotten myself into a rut in the last couple years where I do not get outside to hike, kayak, etc. and I have the same routine going to the same bars and talking to the same drunken assholes every week. I'm ready to try other bars and other drunken assholes. :-) But seriously, I feel like the majority of my friends are settling into their future and I still don't know what that is for me yet. I am so ready to come to the UK and see what adventures may be had there! Plus, now all my family knows I am planning on going so I'm commited.
Well, I feel as though I am rambling and I need to get on with my personal statement. I hope to truly have it completed and ready to send by the end of next week! tata for now!

No comments: