Monday, August 09, 2004

And, the plans change again!

There seems to be little consistency in this dream/plan of mine to move to the UK, except for the fact that I know it will happen. One of my closest friends (and trusted advisor) continues to send me opportunities to interview for UK jobs in Chicago. There are interviews set for Aug.30 and 31 and I have now sent my application and requested an interview. This means should I actually be offered the position, I would begin working in Dudley, England on November 22! I suppose it is only two months early from my original plan to go in January...but missing the holidays makes me a little nervous! Maybe I'll find some English friends in three days that would want me to cook them an American Thanksgiving feast. I still have not finished my personal statement and I am meeting with a former professor Thursday for her tips so I need to get it done! I have a real deadline now. But, of course, I am also behind in progress notes and other paperwork because I have been so insanely busy with my old kids (clients) getting into new trouble and my new kids with all of their intensive needs. I'll get caught up one of these days! At least I quit working weekends and can have some time to breathe a little once again.
Okay, BACK TO WORK!!!!

No comments: