Saturday, January 22, 2005

Another day of learning

I had somewhat of a tough day today but I can reflect and attribute it all to the acclimation period. I met with the other two American gals today for a lunch, a little shopping, but mainly to be able to check my email for the first time since I have arrived. This was the first chance I've had to communicate with everyone, with the exception of mom and dad, so I was of course very excited. Then, of course, I cannot get a library card because I don't have the appropriate documentation! I should have known, but the last time I applied for a library card was probably 1990. So fighting back a few tension tears I rushed outside and smoked a cigarette to relieve the stress. Before heading back home, I realized I would have to pay another 75p to get home and another 75p to get back. So, I decided it was time for a bus pass. After going to three places, I found somewhere that sold passes, managed to get it, get home, get my paperwork, and get back to the library to get online. Seems trivial now in writing but in the moment I was so excited and once I couldn't get online it felt like nothing went right for the next couple hours...Ah well, now I know where to go when I need to renew my bus pass.

No comments: