Sunday, July 03, 2005

LIVE8

We headed to London Friday and went to see Fame the night before. It was probably the worst theatre production I have ever been to but we had a fun night in the bars before and after. I had a great picture of Martin, Jackie and their friend Jason but somehow lost it on my computer.

We headed for the park around 10:30/11:00AM. Here was the crowd before the show before everyone got in. Most people brought little picnics and stuff to sit on and took breaks between sets. Jackie and I agreed we were a little less prepared than we would normally be but it didn't effect our good time.

The show started with Paul McCartney singing Sgt. Pepper's. "It was 20 years ago today. . ." referring to the last LiveAid. He had horn players in the uniforms of the Sgt. Pepper album cover. He was joined by U2 and Bono sang along before they took over to sing "One" and a few other songs.

The guys from Little Britian came out to do one of their routines and introduced Elton John

Elton John was okay. . . I was not as impressed as I thought I would be, I think because of the songs he sang. For his last song they sang "Children of the Revolution" originally by TRex and was joined by Pete Doherty (originally from the Libertines) and that boy was not looking good.

Coldplay was the next on and they were wonderful!

Before Michael here, Dido was on. I have never given her much of a chance but I really liked her. She was then joined by singer Youssou N'Dour who was amazing. REM put on a great set but I got the feeling some of the Brits surrounding me weren't so keen on them.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: