Sunday, July 03, 2005

LIVE8 continued. . .


Throughout the day we also had Keane, Ms. Dyamite, Snoop Dog, and introductions with Kofi-Anan and Ricky Gervais (I never thought those two men would be in the same sentence!) Bob Geldof popped back on stage and said he was so thrilled he had to sing a song. He pleased the crowd with his "I don't like Mondays."



This one's for you Don! Travis brightened the stage with their delightful melodramatic pop that we love so much!

Then the next surprise. Brad Pitt came out (with bleached blonde hair) to introduce Annie Lennox. I didn't get any pictures of Annie because I was mesmerized by her performance!


Madonna brought on stage a young woman whose picture had been shown all over during the time of LiveAid and was on the brink of starvation. She is now attending university. I'm not sure how I felt about all that...it seemed a little exploitave.

But Madonna was good!

The Scissor Sisters then rocked as they always do!

Velvet Revolver received some mixed reviews.

Sting got the crowd going again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: