Monday, September 27, 2004

Last stops along the Midwestern way

I had to go to Bloomington today to coordinate a multi-media presentation I am working on with one of my fellas (fellas = clients). It seems like they have done so much to that town since I left oh so long ago (December of 1999)...But,yes, even quaint, historic college towns can be corrupted and likely overrun with strip malls, too. It was a great day to be driving around though! The hints of fall are coming into the air and the sun was shining. I don't what it is, but I can feel it in my bones. As soon as the first hints of Fall hit, I am made aware of it with all of my senses...the smell in the air, that crisp, slightly cool feeling on skin..okay, that's only two out of five...and reading this text my writing once again sounds cliche. But, being in Bloomington adds to those feelings of fall somehow. I think it's the nostalgia of my first couple years on that beautiful campus. Fortunately, my fella was patient with me (and I bought him ice cream) to take him around campus and down a little (appropriate content only) trip down memory lane. Hopefully, I'll make it down there at least once more before I move to England...and hopefully get a little hiking in that time.

No comments: