Monday, September 06, 2004

Lack of detail exacerbates anxiety....

Okay, so I know where I am going and have a general time (between end of November and beginning of January) but I don't know exactly when and exactly how much I will be making. I think the unknown details creates an absurd paranoia; so much so that I had nightmares last night I didn't really get the job and had to jump through all these hoops to get there (not literally, of course). Which actually is somewhat true; I do have to get my GSCC all together and get approved/registered before I can get my work permit and come over... I think I am also a little over anxious because I feel like there is so much to be done but I can plan in out in a timely manner when I don't know exactly when I'll be flying over. When to tell my boss? When to quit? How to make sure I see my family, especially my soon to be born nephew and ensure I get some quality time with them? All of these are little things that will easily be coordinated but I hate not having a plan!! Plus, I am already getting sick of telling everyone, "Yes, I am definitely going but I am not sure exactly when-sometime between November and January....No, I don't know exactly how much I will be making...No, I don't know how many other North Americans will be going over with me or anything about who they are...No, I don't know exactly where I am going to live..." In due time, I suppose, in due time.

No comments: