Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Midweek mumblings. . .

Well, I suppose technically it is not Midweek just yet, but it feels like tomorrow should be Friday! I thought I would just post a little blurb on here so you all know I am still alive and well. I have been posting on Myspace a bit but it is nothing worth full public viewing, hence the reason I posted it there. It usually involves boredom and or drinking. Anyways. . . Things have been fairly quiet on the UK homefront since I returned from the trip to North America at the beginning of the month. Following that trip and some much needed car repairs and renewed road tax, I was pretty much flat broke. So, I have not been out and about much at all. I managed to walk down our road to Baggeridge, a park and wooded area, and hiked there a bit. That may be the most exciting thing that has happened this month! Oh yeah, and we carved some pumpkins last weekend. . . But from that little hike and a few other meditative moments I jumped out of my homesick funk and got back into the happy-go-lucky boots I more often have on. I have reinvested into the gym (literally and figuratively) and have been getting in there at least a few times a week. I figure since I have no money I may as well take advantage of what's already paid for and try to work off some of this English beer I've been drinking. I think instead of putting how much alcohol there is by volume they should put how much fat it will add to you by volume!
I still have managed to get my drink in on the weekends, but it's been in the controlled environment of my own home where the only damage I can do is a few drunken emails (oops!). Otherwise. . . work has kept me very busy during the week. I have gotten a few new cases- one with some weird sexual crime history involved and recently just got a case involving adoption so I am definitely learning a lot. I had one child I work with get into some pretty big trouble this week which has kept me on my toes (hence, the need for it to be Friday!). . .But payday is Thursday and I will have some money to get out again. Hopefully I will have my replacement camera in the next couple weeks, too, and can post pics again soon. Have some fun weekends and roadtrips planned in November and December, so stay tuned. . .

No comments: