Thursday, August 17, 2006

Howling Bells

Remember the last time I tried to go see Howling Bells at the Little Civic and they were sold out? Well, this time I bought my ticket in advance. I have to say, as much as I hate to admit it, I really don't like going to shows by myself. I was driving to so I couldn't drink my solitude away (ok, I had two pints of Guinness). It's just a bit awkward to stand there alone with all these little groups and couples surrounding you. . . until the music starts. I didn't give much notice to the opening band, they weren't really doing it for me. But, once Howling Bells started I forgot I was there alone. I was immersed into their haunting melodies, with an eclectic blend of rock, folk, blues and country intermingled with unique instrumentation and the beautiful voice of Juanita Stein.





They said their last show in Wolverhampton was their first sold out show. First of many- this band is just getting started.

No comments: