Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Flasback to my death defying leap

In editing some of my old posts and revising this blog a little in order to redirect it's content, I realized I never posted images from my first skydive. I pretty much abandoned this blog from January through October- there wasn't much lost in the spring and I was too loved up to think about much else in the summer. But, I wanted to revisit the dive and share a couple images. My uncle Ken took me with him for his first skydive, on his fiftieth birthday. It was my early 30th birthday present. We did it at Skydive Deland, in Florida.

I have always wanted to skydive. It's one of many adventures I think everyone should do at least once before they die, but perhaps I should speak for myself. It was one of, if not the most exhilarating experiences I have had in my life so far. I would definitely like to do it again. Perhaps I can talk Luke into it on one of our trips down to Florida. If you are contemplating, but feel unsure, I say do it! You will not regret it. Be sure, I did confirm with my tandem instructor that he had years of experience. I think he had been doing about 8 years and had done over 13,000 dives- or maybe it was the other way around. . . .
My Uncle Ken making his leap



Yep, that's me!




Chute's out . . .


. . . And a smooth landing.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: